Harold Henry Holden – Dent
1 in stock
Signed and inscribed in pencil: Dent from Church Bridge, September, 1925, H.H.H. (lower right). A further inscription removed from the back of the original frame reads: Dent by Harold H. Holden – Leeds College of Art. R.W.S. Catalogue No. 26. Pencil and watercolour on paper laid onto conservation board and mounted.
Image: 10 7/8 x 16 in. (27.7 x 40.7 cm.)
Mount: 18 1/4 x 23 1/8 in. (46.3 x 59 cm.)
Dent is a village often referred to as ‘The Gateway to the Yorkshire Dales’. It lies in Dentdale, a narrow valley on the western slopes of the Pennines. The Church in the centre of the picture is St. Andrew’s.