Page number & Titles:
1. At The Marina Fountain Santa Cruz. His Reverence at Laguna, etc.
2. Riding Donkeys. Infantry-Militia. Belfry at Icod, etc.
3. Choir Boys at The Cathedral Las Palmas. Cargo Boats off Orotava, etc.
5. Sketching at Atalaia. On The Way to Atalaia, etc.
6. Mr Comacho (Hotelier.) A Laguna Masher, etc.
7. Sortija at The Grand Hotel 22nd March 93. Text for this drawing is written in pencil on the back of page 6.
Condition: Some paper oxidation (yellowing) mostly around the edges.
Rowlandson, George Derville (1861-1928)
G. D. Rowlandson was born in India and studied at the Gloucester Art School as well as in London and Paris. He first worked as an illustrator, contributing works to The Illustrated London News between 1897 and 1900 and the English Illustrated Magazine from 1899 to 1900. He then exhibited oil paintings and watercolours at the British Institution and the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours between 1911 and 1918. Rowlandson painted equine subjects, hunting scenes and military subjects.