Each sheet will be delivered in a clear polyester sleeve for protection and conservation.
Page number & titles:
8. Near the Martianez Hotel. ‘Abelino’. Sunset 23rd March 93, etc.
9. In Grand Canary. The weary ploughman plods his way.
10. The peak of Tenerife from the Grand Hotel, 24th March 93.
11. In the Hotel Grounds. Quito, etc.
12. Agua Martianez. At the Martianez spring.
Condition: Some paper oxidation (yellowing) mostly around the edges, paper (11) has been cleaned by an accredited paper conservator.
Rowlandson was a prolific and skillful illustrator who produced this remarkable series of drawings documenting the landmarks and daily life of local people living on the Canary Islands. A skillful artist and illustrator Rowlandson has managed to capture the movement of animals and people with such dexterity and incredible detail.