This watercolour has been purchased by the Libraries of Malta.
A very interesting and historical watercolour by the important Maltese artist, Charles Frederick de Brocktorff. The ramparts shown in the Brocktorff drawing can be identified as the right flank of Firenzuola Bastion, one of the main bastions of the Santa Margherita enceinte, Bormla (Malta), begun in 1638 and completed in the 1720s. The cemetery shown in the drawing was actually located in the ditch of this fortified enceinte. It was known as the Rock Gate Cemetery. It is currently abandoned and serves as a cat refuge.